In conjunction with New Mexico State University’s ongoing sustainable initiatives, recent building projects were designed and built with a goal of obtaining Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, or LEED, certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Part of this certification includes designating a number of parking spaces near the projects as reserved for LEED Qualifying Vehicles.
To park in a space designated “Low Emitting & Fuel Efficient Parking Only,” you must:
- Own a vehicle that qualifies as a LEED low-emission vehicle
- Have a current NMSU parking permit color-coded to the particular lot in which you wish to park (unless you park in the 2-hour free lot designated for the NMSU Auxiliary Services Building which also houses the NMSU Parking Dept., Barnes & Noble, and Panda Express).
A vehicle occupying a space marked “Low Emitting & Fuel Efficient Parking Only” that is not classified as a LEED low-emission vehicle will be cited for “unauthorized parking,” a $35 offense.
Additional restrictions may apply. Please contact the NMSU Parking Dept. at 575-646-1839, email@example.com , or visit our office at 1400 E. University Ave. 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for more information.
Lots on campus featuring “Low Emitting & Fuel Efficient” spaces
- Lot #15 (NMSU Auxiliary Services Building) * Free 2-hour parking for Auxiliary, Parking Dept., Barnes & Noble, and Panda Express business
- Lot #9 (Gardiner Hall) * Crimson faculty/staff permit required
- Lot #75 (New Mexico Department of Agriculture) * Crimson faculty/staff permit required